Here’s the latest addition to my microphone collection. A sweet sounding ribbon microphone that I assembled with my own hands. I’ve been wanting to build my own microphones for a while now but was always putting it off because I didn’t know where to start. However, this semester I was given the opportunity to “learn a new skill” of my choosing. Being that I’ve never built a ribbon microphone, I wanted to take on a project that walked me through the process. I ordered this particular kit from this website. I learned a lot from this experience and now I have a better understanding of the entire process. I have already compiled a list of improvements that I hope to implement in my own version. I will be developing my own ribbon microphones in the very near future.